Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rethinking of my transgender self.

I've been thinking this whole being labeled as transgender thing. Sure i don't think of myself as what traditionally is labeled as a "man", and I even consider myself as transgender. But do i want to fall under that traditional role? What i mean is that do i want to undergo hormone replacement therapy and all the surgery's? I think that i wouldn't been any happier with whom i am after all that jazz. So that leaves that question, where do i go from here? I want to be able to express myself public, in my home, with friends and family and all without the worries of people retaliating against me for it. I want to be able to where what i want, if that means I'm waring a skirt or a dress what does it matter?

In the past 100 years there have been major revolutions in out society that have shaken the public views, women voting, black voting, women in the army/workplace just to name a few. What if the next revolution is that gender revolution a revolution that blends the lines that divide the genders.

this has been just a few random thoughts of mine... i still need to think more about where i want to go from here.

No comments: